Saturday, February 22, 2014

Classroom Style For Older Students: Grunge

Finding a cool classroom style that isn't cute is next to impossible. This year, I searched for classroom design ideas for a male upper elementary school teacher. I couldn't find anything, so I concluded it was time to create one.
I designed labels, learning targets, schedule cards, bulletin boards, and much more with a grunge theme. I really like the theme because it can be colorful for coding things like subject titles and book genres, but can also look great in black and white. The best part is that it's a fun theme for older elementary students. It has that rock-n-roll urban edginess to it that appeals to Tweens.



Reading Genres Bulletin Board




Story Plot Line

For the plot line, I used 1" ribbon and stapled in place.

Reader's Glossary

The glossary is in alpha order. I used a gray screen background, but it detracts a little from readability.

Reading Strategies


Date, Day & Daily Schedule

Used good ol' black electrical tape for the date.

9" Inbox Labels



Learning Targets


No comments:

Post a Comment